Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Where is my Jane Austin book?

"The Blessing of Being Named," by Rebekka Seale

Love Rebekka Seale's illustrations and blog. Below is a snippet from one of her posts that makes me want to cuddle with Jane Austin's Persuasion and a cup of 'Lady Jane Grey' especially on a day like today since I'm in Dallas at my sister's house watching it snow.


Today I want to wash all of our walls in this warm, bright white. I want to open the windows, let the fresh winter air in, and snuggle under sheepskin blankets in oversize cableknit sweaters. Several of them. I want brew thick coffee in our french press, and eat lemon poundcake, and dunk the crusty edges in my coffee, and stretch out, and read stories all afternoon, and snuggle with our tiny gray cat, and take a lavender bath, and be so full of joy. I have never loved winter like I love winter right now. -- From Rebekka Seale blog: http://www.dearfriendrebekkaseale.blogspot.com/

Rebekka's illustrations are lovely, and her prints are on Etsy if you're an Etsy addict like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment